Monday, January 2, 2012

I don't even know where to start!

It's been a few weeks since I've posted and they have been a very crazy and wonderful few weeks! I really don't even know where to start. I guess we can go in chronological order! Here is a picture of the Christmas/Santa truck in Smith. It drives around every night in December until Christmas for a couple hours with Santa waving to the kids (and me, he waved to me while I sat in Alex's house). They also blast Christmas music so you can basically hear it anywhere in Smith haha. It's wonderful!


A few weeks ago Alex brought me back Booster Juice when he flew to Edmonton. I was so excited by it, I took a picture of it. I realize you guys may see Booster Juice all the time (besides my mother who has probably never heard of it, it's a smoothie company) but I'm posting the picture anyways.


Here is a picture of my place with the Christmas tree and a picture of Meagan and Kalina:



Alex and I went on a snowshoeing adventure where we started out a little late in the day. We had to break trail and it took us over an hour and a half to get to the rapids. It was almost dark when we arrived at our destination but we made it back just as it was getting pitch-black. Here are a couple pictures. There's a picture of Alex and I on our adventure as my profile picture on Facebook:




Then starts our crazy holiday partying celebrations! At this point it all blends into one. We spent most of our holidays at Katie, Adams and James' place. It was a wonderful time. We spent Christmas eve there, then went back Christmas morning and got drunk and opened presents:

This is Adam, Alex, Greg & James sitting on the couch Christmas morning.

Greg holding his new ice fishing rod and Adam with his brand new auger from Greg haha.

Adam hugging and not letting go of his lego tractor. Alex got a lego airplane for Christmas from me. Katie and I were thinking along the same lines for the boys.

Greg and Alex sharing breakfast. I'm sure they didn't plan on me sharing this picture.

Well we were trashed by noon and came back for a Christmas dinner FEAST! It was delicious. We had ham and turkey and all this fixings. Here is Greg, Katie and Adam:


We spent the night being drunk fools. We had 15 over for dinner (I talk like it's my place but because Katie and I live across from eachother we (and by we I mean she) cooked at both places). The first pic is Katie and I getting into the fireball, James trying to be as asian as he could possibly be, and Alex passed out on the dryer at the end of the night):



It was pretty funny with Alex passing out because I felt a fainting spell coming on so I went down stairs to lay down and he came down to use the washroom and found me and he's like, "I'll be right back" then Katie tells me later that he came up and told her that she needed to come deal with me LOL, so she came and layed on the floor with me and Adam came and laid with us and hen Alex comes down, climbs on the dryer and passes out HA. I was fine.

We went for a sweet snowshoe on boxing day with my sweet new showshoes! Thanks mom! There were six of us and it was a blast! On the 27th Alex and I went to Edmonton for an adventure and his brother and girlfriend met us there. There is a pic of Alex myself and Andy on Facebook. We went out to the movies (we saw Tin Tin in 3D). It was our first time going to a movie theatre together.. and the first time in a city together. We also went to the waterpark at West Ed. When we got back Alex dropped me off at home and I did the dishes and cut myself. It was also Alex and I's first time going to the emergency room together HAHA. It was the TINIEST cut but I bled like a banshee! I don't actually know if banshee's bleed a lot but it sounded like it fit in the sentence. Here are some pictures (since I document everything).





I didn't need stitches I just need help stopping the bleeding lol. No wait in the Smith emergency room haha always a bonus of living in the middle of nowhere. They made Alex hold my hand with pressure above my head for 5 minutes and that didn't work so I had another 5 minutes and they put a nice massive bandage on it and sent me home. It was still bleeding 24 hours later because the clot kept being disturbed lol.

Ok I have to go for dinner but I have lots more pictures and stories. New years was a crazy good night and I have to share how much booze we drank within the span of a week!

2 comments:

  1. well sounds and looks like your having fun. what kind of snowshoes is alex wearing, never seen ones with a point in the front, they are usually rounded off. nice winter pics. lots of drinking pics, wow, how were the hang overs?? and you sure were "bleeding like a stucked pig" and were you "wailing like a banashee" lol hahahaha nice to have an update. looking forward to more pics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom! We learned on my trip that rounded snowshoes and parkas are from the Cree and pointed snowhoes and parkas are I believe Chipewyan (I can't remember for sure)!!

    p.s. I'm re-reading your blog now that I've met everyone hahaha

    ReplyDelete