It's been -17 for a few days now... -22ish with the windchill. Brrrr... It's good times though! Everyone is whipping out the parkas. For daylight it's definitely getting darker. It's dark when I go to work and dark when I leave work already.
I get to go shopping next week :)... if everything gets approved in Yellowknife. I have an appointment for an MRI in Edmonton next week. The way the flights work, I'll be staying at least one night.. maybe two depending on my appointment time. The flights all arrive from Smith at about 1ish and they all leave around then too. Hopefully things go through because I wanna go shopping :)!
My roommate and I started a diet this week. It's a health diet but it's kicking our asses at this point. We are going to power through though. We are not allowed any wheat, dairy, anything with sugar (including fruit), nothing with vinegar, the meat has to be organic (HAHA don't have that in Smith), nothing starchy.. so no potatoes or related veggies. We basically can't eat anything haha. I've been living off of chicken and brown rice. Alex made me a soup tonight :). We are on day 3 today and we haven't cheated yet but it's hard! If I end up in Edmonton I don't think I'll be able to make it because I don't think any restaurant will be able to accommodate my dietary needs lol.
My contract is going to be extended. I've also applied for another job that's permanent so we will see what happens there!
Oh I saw the ears, nose and throat guy. The tumour thing on my tonsil he would like to remove. He said he thinks he has seen something similar a couple times before HAHA. Sounds like a whole lot of confidence there! He gave me three options: take my tonsils out, biopsy the tumour in Yellowknife, or leave it and see if it grows. So we decided that it's best to biopsy it but that we will wait three months to see if there are any changes. He also wanted some time to think about it HAH. Oh boy. We actually didn't talk too much about my health because through talking we found out that both of us grew up partially in Trail, that he also partially grew up in Pine Point and that our dads both worked for Cominco HA! So crazy. The connections are ridiculous.
Ok that's all I got for right now. I've been meaning to do a post on what we do for fun in Smith. Hopefully that'll come in the next week or so! Hope everyone is doing great :)!
No comments:
Post a Comment