Wow! I never thought that I would see life to this blog. Yes... I've had this blog planned in my mind for a really long time because I'm kooky like that. I don't know if anyone will read it but I figured it would be a good way for all my friends and family to see what I've been up to and how everything pans out for me. I'm super duper excited and it should be a fabulous adventure.
It has been weird shopping for a place to live that I've never been to, never seen, not even pictures. But it has also been amazing to plan a space just for myself since I also love interior design stuff. I will be sure to post pictures of my place all put together so everyone can see what I bought to make my place a home... even if it is just for eight months (fingers crossed that it's longer).
I've known that I got this job for about a week now and I feel like with all the shopping it's starting to kick in. My co-worker Marc has been calling me a quitter, so that reminds me that I'm leaving every time I see him or text him (it's all in good fun, I have plenty nicknames for him too :) ). At least I'm going to win the hockey pool that we just started at my job here in PG. Out of all of us I am in the lead... (beating the big boss by a point at the moment because he switched my goalie because I had no idea what I was doing... thanks Darren if you're reading this!). They told me today that if I win they will put together a care package of all the junk food and stuff that I won't be able to buy and ship it up to me. Awwww... how can I ever leave you guys, I'm really sad about that. My emotions keep changing from happy to sad, happy to sad, happy to sad. Roller coaster ride.
I've been really bad at telling people about this which is unusual for me. It's really the opposite actually. Normally I run around telling everyone that I've got an interview for up north (there have been 5 including this one in the past two years). Two positions I got but they weren't for the government (lower wage, less benefits) so I didn't take them. One position with the Nunavut Gov. for a social work position that I didn't complete the interview because I was upfront that my social work diploma wasn't completed. The Norman Wells position which I'm actually quite happy I didn't get, I don't think it was my time to leave Prince George. Finally, this one which I happily took! It will feel amazing to finally pay off the money that I owe my parents and the bank. Thanks for all your guys' support to help me get to this point. It was and is very much appreciated (I've been spending their money getting the stuff I need to gather before moving, more on that later). Anyways back to the blabbing about everything. I think that I'm still stunned and just so completely happy and BUSY that I haven't really had the time to tell too many people. I'm so stoked that I had the time to spend with Jo, Andrew, Chako, and a few work friends celebrating this. Thanks guys!
I think I might be a good blogger :) this is getting so long! If you have any suggestions of things you want to hear about at any point in the journey you let me know. I'm obviously an open person so I'll share whatever you ask me to. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. I also think everyone needs to keep their fingers and toes crossed that I stay really healthy while I'm up there (and that my car doesn't break down!). My finger has been infection free for 4 months now and I'm jumping for joy! I cannot believe it was infected for close to six months.
Ok it's 12:30AM I'm going to research things to buy tomorrow. Love you all!
Kat
PS: For those who aren't in the know I am moving to a town called Fort Smith in the Northwest Territories. There are around 2400 people there so it's a fairly big town by NT standards. I'm going to be working as a Recreation Therapist covering a mat leave
No comments:
Post a Comment