I'm in Fort Smith! Cavy and I made it here safe and sound. It was pretty uneventful again today but I did see some wildlife. The first animal... I have no idea what it was, I think a wolf maybe was just north of High Level, AB. The second was a massive moose that a truck (who had just passed me on the dirt road) almost hit. He swerved to miss it and the moose ran right into the swerve. Thankfully he got away just fine.
I took some pictures which I will add and hopefully figure out how to post some captions with them. None of the animals... I tried but I was too slow.
I drove into Hay River to take a picture of the hospital I was born in and a picture of the Hay River sign. I also stopped at Alexandra Falls which was beautiful. Massive waterfall that was mostly frozen but had the falls flowing out from under the ice. On the way to Fort Smith from Hay River there was this massive line up of stuffed animals that I took a few pictures of. I'll have to find out the story from someone in town and let you guys know.
The road from Hay River to FS was interesting. It was paved for probs 100km then it was grated, packed dirt for about a 100km then it was loose gravel which really sucked for about the same distance and finally paved again for 50km. The town looks quite nice I just hope that I find something to rent. I'm going to go for a big tour tomorrow checking things out and trying to find something to rent before my stuff arrives next weekend.
I'm so thankful that Jo came home before the movers left as they made MANY mistakes. They didn't read my notes very well. Jo had to keep referring back to it to show them that she was right. For example they were going to take Jo's dresser and she told them that it stays there because it's hers and they told her that they had to take it because I put it on my list of things for them to move. Jo made them look at the list which clearly states that it stays. There were MANY other similar instances. I probably would have half of Jo's stuff and missing half of mine if she didn't show up before they left! They had to leave some of my stuff because apparently its a hazard to them to take hair spray, spray paint, paint etc. I'm really sad because I need to paint the awful desk that I bought.
Ok time to lay down!
Xox
Glad you made it. How are your first impressions of FT Smith?
ReplyDelete