Thursday, July 7, 2011

I'm so excited! I get to go to Yellowknife on Monday for an adventure. One of our residents has a doctors appointment there and there needs to be an escort to take him. My boss was really worried because this man has refused to get any more treatment before and doesn't like going to the doctors but she thought I might be able to convince him to go. She also said, "Even if he does go then I have to find someone to escort him... did you wanna take him?". She asked me kind of jokingly and I said I totally would and she was so excited. This guy and I get along so well. He agreed to go if I take him so off to Yellowknife we are going on Monday :). We leave super early and get back late but we can do whatever in our spare time, like go to Tim Hortons haha!

Speaking of Tim Hortons.. it's amazing to be friends with the pilots because of this:


They bring me back timmies from Edmonton!! Yes it is cold and yes I get it at night instead of in the morning but who cares.. it's timmies!

As I mentioned before, Alex helped me learn how to ride a bike again. Tonight we went on a fairly long ride (for me anyways). It's a lot of fun, I really want to buy a bike now. Here is a picture from a bike riding adventure last week:


BEE-YOU-Ti-Ful!

Canada Day was a lot of fun too. There was a parade (which I didn't make it out to) but they had another fish fry with bands playing and stuff. A fish fry if I didn't explain it before is basically where they BBQ enough food for basically the whole town, for free, right in front of you. Baked potatoes, fish, salad, etc. Delicious! Here are a couple pictures from the festivities:



Also on the weekend there was a big tennis tournament. Here is a picture of Andy and Darrin playing. Lots of the Northwestern (the airline company) guys' played in the tourney but they didn't win:


Ok that's all I got for now! Other than pictures of my infected finger and pictures of my mosquito bites which no one wants to see. I'm going to post some pictures of my room soon. I ordered a wardrobe thingy from sears because I have a closet that is a foot wide in this room. Other than the storage I LOVE the way my room is looking :)! I'll hopefully take a few pictures in Yellowknife. I'm sad that I just missed Wills and Kate (like they're my best friends haha). Oh and our residents came back today after being evacuated. We went to pick them up at the airport and I got to drive around on the tarmac inside the gates where all the planes are!

Ok bedtime :)! Night night! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment