It was a nice surprise this week to find out that Andy has now dubbed Tuesdays as Timmie Tuesdays! Which means on Wednesday mornings I wake up to a double double in my fridge waiting to be nuked in the microwave. It made me a very happy girl.
Along with that happy news I have semi-bad news. I went in to the clinic today to find out all the test results for my finger and it's not fabulous. It is a staph infection which is one thumb down. They also can't rule out osteomyelitis from the x-ray... double thumbs down. I am on I believe day 11 of 15 of antibiotics so they are almost done. I feel quite dead now though like everything that is good in my body (which isn't a whole lot haha) is dead too. The good news is that the infection is basically gone. I just have to wait another month to get the feeling back in the tip which isn't that bad! The plan is that when it comes back for the 6th time they will send me either to Yellowknife or Edmonton to have better tests done. Free trip woot woot :)! We should take bets to see how long it takes for it to come back. Winner gets a framed picture of my healed finger in the mail (so exciting eh?). I feel like this happened because I couldn't really let Jo outshine me in the whole, "I had osteomyelitis" thing. She had it as a kid twice and I think unconsciously I believe I have to get it three times to beat her in some way. I kid I kid! I don't want it and I hope that you never ever get it again Jo. What a horrible thing to go through as a little kid!
I haven't done a whole lot this week since I haven't been feeling the greatest. The weather has been kind of crappy up here too. I've never heard Diane complain about how hot it is but she's done a lot of complaining (about the heat in Toronto) so I think you should come up for a visit :)! Alex is coming home from Calgary tomorrow which I'm pretty excited about. I've missed that little bugger.
I'm also proud to tell everyone that I've been eating fairly healthy since I came up here. I eat cereal and fruit for breakfast every morning. It's honey nut cheerios not sugar crisp (which is my first fave). For lunch EVERY day I have the same salad: baby spinach, cheese, peas, cherry tomatoes, avocado, sliced almonds, basalmic and olive oil. I'm still kind of screwing up dinner but I finger I'll start at the beginning of my day and work towards the end. I still eat ice cream like it's going to become obsolete. However, I do think I've improved. Everyone that is close to me here figured out I had a ice cream habit realllly quickly. THEN they started to buy my ice cream all the time. But I've cut down. I can go a day or two without any and that is HUGE!
Ok it's bed time. I know that wasn't an exciting post but what can you expect for a Thursday evening?
Have a Fantastic Freaky Fabulous Friday Friends! FFFFF!
xoxoxox
wow tim horton coffee delivered to ya, how nice!! lucky you, shitty about your finger, you must be sick of being sick, and being on antibiotics!!! hope it never comes back. so i guess you have cupboards full of food since you got all your stuff up there now. hey how is sleeping on your new bed? do you like? hey are you going to be staying around on the long weekend in august?
ReplyDeleteUpdates please!!!!!
ReplyDelete