I'm done my first day! I really love my boss and the job seems great. I'm just really stressed about housing. There has been a big mix up and the locum housing isn't available at the moment AND there is NOTHING available to rent in the town. So much for getting a place with laundry, dishwasher etc HAHA. The locum housing would be perfect because it's A) CHEAP B) Gives me time to find a place and C) There would be other people who are looking for a friend too! It sounds like I'll get into it eventually but I might have to find somewhere to stay for a week or two before I get in it. Short story is that they had it booked for me for two months but there was a mix up in communication and I didn't know that and now they are doing renos due to mold and there isn't a spot. Weird since I had it booked for a couple months but hopefully things will get sorted soon.
In other news.. the weather up here has been really sunny. The sun just starts to set at around 8:30-9ish which is kind of neat. Only going to get later from here. I've had some issues with the hotel. Just that there is no fridge to put some food in so I'm eating junk (which I realize is nothing new, but I do really like my fruits and veggies). Also there is this drain pipe that is aluminum and water is always dripping down (even though there has been no rain). All I hear is loud pitterpatter. My shower also makes a loud screetching sound after about 20 seconds of it being on. Frustrating but I'll get over it. I'll be so much less stressed once housing gets figured out. My furniture and belongings is going to be held in Hay River til things get sorted. I will need some of my stuff if I do end up staying in the locum housing I will have to make a trip down the dirt road to fish out some of my stuff. OH THE JOYS OF MOVING TO THE NWT!
Still loving it though :)! I'll post some pictures later. I've tried a few times but the internet is so slow for uploading pics that I give up each time. I'll try one at a time.
I hope life is treating everyone well!
XOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment