Saturday, May 21, 2011

Feeling a little sick today, like I'm going to pass out. I generally have to finally pass out before the feeling of "I'm going to pass out" goes away. Boo urns. I went to the library today and got meeself some bookywookies. I read, "Shit my dad says" today.. it was a fabulous read. The library was actually pretty sweet. I was impressed with their selection of books and DVD's. The lady who works at the library is married to the guy who manages the staff housing, (deep breath), who I found out after chatting with his wife that he was born and raised in Pine Point (my old stomping ground) and moved here after Pine Point ceased to exist. His mom was a teacher at the elementary school which I'm guessing my brother Jordon went to? Ah just another day in Fort Smith.. or as everyone here calls it, Smith. Why use more words than you have to?

I received some amazing compliments this week at work from coworkers so that was really nice. It is funny when you start a new job and don't have any preconceived ideas about any particular resident how things change. For instance, one staff member said that she hasn't one specific resident go outside or really do much in the past year but he has been a joy to work with and has been participating like crazy! Another staff member said that she loves how interactive I am with the residents... I gotta make sure my head doesn't get too big that it pops from all the hot air haha! Just kidding :P! I just have to make sure I keep it up if I want to work around here after this position ends for me. One resident did yell at me yesterday though... so I guess I am down to one point.

Hopefully I'll have more stories and pictures for the end of the long weekend! It's pretty quiet up here right now!

Speak soon! (as Joanna would say)

No comments:

Post a Comment