Monday, May 30, 2011

Today I have mosquito bites on my neck but it was worth it for a trip out to Pine Lake. PL is about a 45 minute drive on a dirt road (by the way I'm loving the song called Dirt Road Anthem by Jason Aldean... I'm such a redneck {haha pun intended.. because of my mosquito bites on my neck haha}). Anyways, PL is a gorgeous lake because it looks like a tropical lake.. it has beautiful blue water as seen in the picture below:




Gorgeous eh?

I went with the boys upstairs. They are all super nice. I've been hanging out with the youngest guy who is 28 and working as a pilot up here. His name is John. Also on the trip we saw LOTS of BEAUTIFUL BISON aka Buffalo's! We saw momma, poppa, and baby buffalo. Here are a couple pictures. We got really close but John wouldn't let me get out of the car because I told him I was attacked by a deer:



They're big beasts!

I don't have much exciting news. I am moving back into staff housing on Thursday night for a month or so. I'm excited to finally get my stuff at the beginning of July. I'm also going to register for a class through Athabasca to get the ball rolling. I'm going to start out with a 6 credit course in Anatomy and Physiology. I have already taken anatomy but it was when there was a lot of stuff going on in my life so even though my mark isn't too bad I'd like to improve it as it is one of the required courses to apply to the program I want to get into.

Ciao for now!

1 comment:

  1. wow, you have the BEST pictures!! and get to go to the BEST places. you are soooo LUCKY!! i love that lake, but probually wouldnt want to drive to it though, and those bison--wow are they ever big, now you just need a polar bear, maybe this coming weekend hahaha.

    ReplyDelete