Thursday, May 5, 2011

Lunch Break!

I'm on my lunch break at home. It's nice to be able to go home for lunch. I guess I could have done that in PG too. Anyways I met a friend. I'm so excited, except she is only here for 6 weeks. She moved here a couple days ago and is doing her nursing practicum where I work. She is from BC!!!! After high school (she is the same age as me) she went on an adventure to the NWT and has stayed ever since. She is doing the nursing program through Aurora College in Yellowknife. I feel like we have known each other for a long time since I don't know anyone else who is crazy like me. I know a lot of crazy people but not "move up to my homeland" crazy. I'm really sad that she is only here for six weeks but hopefully I'll find some other friends.

I've met most of the rehabilitation department and I love them all. They are such nice women. They are a bit older than me so I don't think they'll be the people I'll be hanging out with outside of work (they have families and what not) but the OT up here is apparently in her late 20's and she needs a roommate in June so that might work out well for me. Hopefully I'll meet her soon :)!

I know I mention this in every post but I cannot get over being woken up at 4:30 by the sun. Crazayyy! The prices here for groceries are actually pretty decent. Just a little bit higher than in PG. But the quality isn't very great of the veggies and there isn't much selection.

Anyways back to workie-poo!

Xox

No comments:

Post a Comment