Saturday, May 7, 2011

Life is Good!

I went out last night! I haven't drank in quite some time it was interesting. The occupational therapist that works in town invited me out after we had a meeting at work yesterday. She's been up here for four years and came up by herself when she was 25 or 26. Really awesome girl. Her best friend is moving away this weekend so she is going to adopt me into that role haha. Sound familiar Jo??

She gave me tons of advice about living here and introduced me to all her friends at this party (lots of people). It was a party of pilots and their girlfriends. One of the pilots is moving back south so it was a going away party. Here is some of the advice I got (from her and other people):

1. Stay really neutral in this town. Everybody is connected in one way or another and chances are if you are talking shit about someone its that person's cousin, wife, best friend, or brothers bestfriend's cousin's girlfriend's best friend. Moral of the story find a couple people you can trust.
2. If you are young and have an education and some girl's boyfriend looks at you, the girl will go after you, not the boyfriend. Kind of scary... and apparently it happens quite often.
3. A lot of girls seem to find their husbands here lol. Fingers crossed! There are a LOT of pilots in town and they are all young. But most of them have GF's. I have heard that pilots aren't the greatest to date either haha.

There's lots of advice I got that I can't post on here just in case people see it. You have to be a bit careful around here regarding a few different areas. I'll try to be on my best behaviour but it's only people close to me reading this blog so far and we all know how I am so I give myself a month and a half before I accidently start something :S.

In other news, last night I met A LOT of people with really weird connections to me. One girl from Trail that went to Central and Morrish (elementary schools) with me. But she is a couple years younger and moved around a lot so I don't remember her.

There is a pilot (we were at his house) and he did is flight training in Castlegar and dated a good friend of mine when we were in grade 11 and 12. The girl and I didn't hang out much in those years but we figure that the guy Troy and I met at some point. We know tons of the same people.

Another guy did his undergrad in Waterloo at the same time as me but graduated a year before me. Didn't know him there but he did go to the physio clinic for an injury so I'm guessing we probably met at that time.

My last one is a guy who's family lived in Pine Point at the same time as my family (we lived in Pine Point but I was born in Hay River because there was no hospital in PP). For those of you who don't know about Pine Point, it was a mining community that no longer exsists. They moved all the houses and made the town grass from what I understand. His dad worked for Cominco as well.. (at the time there was Cominco and the Power Corporation that were the main employers.. most people that I've talked to up here knew people who worked for the power corp.). I talked to my mom last night and apparently our neighbours had the same last night as him and his family. WEIRD!

This is why I knew I would love the north. The connections are amazing! I'm excited to see how many more connections I may find in my time up here!

Ok I'm hung over so it's time to watch Two Weeks Notice with Sandra Bullock that's on TV at the moment :)! Have a fabulous day everyone. I hope everyone's moms have a very happy mother's day tomorrow!

XOXO
Lots of love and a few tiny sprinkles of bear hugs! I'm so cheesy!

1 comment:

  1. I think you should find a pilot husband - then he can fly me to visit you for free and support the extramarital affair that we will be having .... just saying.

    ReplyDelete