Such a fun weekend! Lots to talk about and a few pictures. First off, so sad about the plane crash up here this weekend! Some crazy facts from it: Two of the passengers were on a plane crash up in the area in 2008 and one of them was in another plane crash 30 years ago. Crazyyy! Apparently they were both scared to get on the flight and one of them was really scared. Amazing that three people survived! One of the pilots up here was good friends with the co-pilot of that flight (he lost his life) so there were lots of drinks to Dave the co-pilot this weekend.
This weekend was the South Slave Friendship Festival. Side note: One of my friends up here has a brother that lives in the southern states so she sent him a t-shirt that said "South Slave Friendship Festival" to wear down there haha, oh boy!
One Friday night we went out to the bar which was fun. Live bands all night, from all over the north. Nothing too substantial happened that night. Kalina's mom came out and partied which was amazing. Saturday, we went to watch a baseball tourney. I was more interested in the sky. Here is a picture of the sky:
After the game we went downtown where Kalina was helping with a workshop in the park. They took dead fish, painted them and imprinted them onto t-shirts. I don't have any pictures unfortuantely but it was actually pretty cool!
I really wanted to get a nap in before Saturday evening but that didn't happen because Alex and I went to say goodbye to his friend who was flying back to Fort Mac. Here's some pictures at the float base:
Pierre, the float plane pilot, was about to leave and then he asked if I have ever been in a float plane before. I told him that obviously I had, I just sat in his and pretended to fly it, he saw it, geez what a stupid question. But he meant up in the air. I hadn't so he decided before heading back to Fort Mac he'd take me for a spin! So exciting! Alex and his friend Benno came with us. Here is the video of the landing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvfaKY_Dtdw
One of our friend's parents has an annual BBQ where they serve lots of different smoked meat. Unfortuantely we were a little too late so we went straight to the Shaker. The Shaker is the equivalent to MayDays/our rodeo thingy. Everyone drinking in the area. Big ol' party, great ol' time. The theme was Shaker in Wonderland and they had pretty great decorations. My friend Katie dressed up as the cat and I have an amazing picture of her, I need to get this framed:
Last but not least, I was eaten alive as usual this weekend. I took some pictures but they didn't turn out so well. They are either Noseeums or Sand Flies.. whatever they are, they are itchy. I have them all over my neck and collar bones, behind my ears, on my legs, on my chest, they suck. I have a cluster of 10 bites on the back of my neck and I have no idea what they are because they don't look like the rest.
Sunday it was a day of being mush on the couch. Although we did go for a bike ride. We watched Life Cycles, the mountain biking video from the Koots which Alex and Adam absolutely loved. I was so excited because I kept pumping them up for it but I hadn't seen it so I was hoping it wouldn't disappoint and it didn't! We also watch Your Highness with Natalie Portman. The raunch, unrated version. It did not disappoint on the rauchiness scale. It scored an 11 on a scale of 1-10.
That's all I got for now. I'll try and think of more stuff tomorrow. I have other stories but they are inappropriate for my blog haha. I do want to write a post this week that will be boring to everyone who reads it but I'm so annoyed with how inaccessibly this town is for people who are disabled. The pharmacy doesn't have automatic doors, plus you have to go up a ramp and get through two heavy doors that are perpendicular to one another to get in the store. Then the aisles aren't very wide to get a wheelchair through (the pharmacy area is at the back, far corner. The aisles that are wide enough usually have stuff on the floor. Ridiculous. That's just one building. This deserves a whole post. Look for it soon on Mittens and Mukluks haha I advertise my blog, within my blog. I'm silly. Goodnight, sleep tight!



wow did you ever get eaten!!! im not looking forward to that! how lucky for you to get a flight on the float plane. and i love you sky picture
ReplyDelete