Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Hihi!!

Sorry for the long delay. I wasn't feeling too well for a week and my mom and Paul were up this weekend for a visit. I think I'll just post some pictures and explain them as I go. I'm downloading music so this might take forever and I might get frustrated. Alex and his roommates went $185.00 over there internet bill last month. Crazy! That's what happens when you look at too many youtube videos and download music. We are suppose to be getting digital cable in Smith and if you sign up for it your internet usage doubles so that would be amazing. Paul burned 30 DVD's for me which I'm very excited about. Ok pictures. I'll try and put them in some proper order but try to follow along if I jump around. Never mind, I just looked through my pictures and there is way too much so for tonight, I present Pine Point.

I think I have talked about PP before. It is where we lived when I was born even though I was born in Hay River because my mom was in the hospital there (there was no hospital in PP). PP was designed and built.. the whole town, before people were brought it. Once the mine shut down everyone was kicked out and they bulldozed the town and filled in all the foundations (except for one). It is very significant because the town wasn't just open for a year or two, it was open for I believe more than 20 years. Some people were born and raised in PP, graduated highschool there and no longer have a hometown to go home to.

This is a picture of the residential area of Pine Point before it was torn down:


Here are some pictures of the residential area now. The first one is me on the lot that our house once stood. The second is of Alex on our friend Luke's Aunt's old lot.



Here's a picture of the sidewalk that remains and another area that used to be houses:


Here's a picture of the basement hotel. One is the entrance that you climb down into, the other is Alex and I hanging out down there. There were tons of records of people from Trail since Cominco is based out of the Koots. Kind of creepy. When they filled in all the foundations they forgot to do the hotel. Now people go down there to drink:




Ok it's past my bedtime. Lots more on PP and other stuff to come hopefully tomorrow or Friday if I get bored of studying!

Night! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment