Thursday, September 8, 2011
Life in a Northern Town
Well this is something unusual you don't see in the south very often. I work in a long-term care facility and I am part of their team. We also have a Rehab team that treats the general public and does a little bit with our residents. Three months ago the Speech Path left town because her fiance was being relocated for work. Her position hasn't been able to be filled until now. Also three months ago the rehab assistant left. Her position hasn't been filled. In this past month our physiotherapist who is the director of the rehab team has left. Today my roomie got a job offer to Inuvik so she is leaving in a month, also the admin staff left for school (it was a summer student). So basically.. there is no one left on the rehab team. If Crystal lef tomorrow, the team wouldn't exist in this town. I find that very weird! Fortunately we are getting a new speech path in.. but that's all I've heard of so far! It's going to be a bit difficult for me; we work together a lot so not having a rehab team will make my job harder! Hopefully we'll get some amazing new staff :). It'll be weird to be here for four months and not be the new girl anymore! I wonder when I'll be leaving ;).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment