Well this weekend we went camping and it was a blast. We went to Little Buffalo Falls which are probably 30 minutes outside of Smith. The northern lights were dancing around as we drank and played Crazy 8 Countdown. Great times with great people. Although my camera doesn't really capture the northern lights I do have a few that captured the vivid green colour. Here are some pics from our Friday night adventure:
These are the northern lights. Unfortunately for you, this doesn't really capture them for your viewing pleasure. If you want to see them I guess you'll have to come visit:
The beautiful sunset on the way out to camping:
Alex, Luke and Jeff:
My soon-to-be roomie Meagan, Paul (who lives upstairs) and Vina who works at Northwestern with most of the boys and the Legion:
The river that flows from the waterfall:
That is all for pictures! My new roomie told me tonight that her boss wants to run a story in the newspaper on how I'm the only rehab person left in town at the end of this month. We can't really talk to the media so she'll have to go through the higher up people in the authority. I asked her if they really had to do it and she said that her boss wanted to because were having an election and one of the issues being brought up is bringing up train people to work. Oh well I'll let you know how this one works out.
So happy that little Kienan was returned home. So nice to have a happy ending to a child being abducted! I was following that story like a hawk.
Now that my roomie is leaving I have lots of stuff to gather/buy.
- couches since I sold mine
- table + chairs
- my new roomie needs a bed
- I need a boxspring and frame but I think I'll just lay my mattress on the floor.
- shelving for the kitchen because we have very few cupboards
- I need to order the internet and cable (yay I'm getting cable)
Unfortunately you can't really just go out and buy what you need. Apparently someone said you can order from Leon's but on the website it says it doesn't ship here but some guy on our community Facebook page says it does. I can order from Sears but will have to pay extra shipping. We also have a Brick in Yellowknife (which is really far away) but there is a lady who is ordering stuff for herself and if she can get people to buy enough stuff to fill the delivery truck they will do it for free/cheap. Oh the options.. all three of them.
Finally, I hate to say it but I THINK my finger is getting reinfected. I can't see anything yet but I'm losing feeling in the tip of my finger and my finger is starting to peel a bit. Not a good sign. When my parents were here I ended up getting a sliver under the nail of the same finger and I can see a little bit still in there but I can't tell whether it is a piece of wood or just a spot that was bleeding a bit. The saga continues. On a happy note if it does get infected I'll be flying to Edmonton or Yellowknife to see someone who might be able to figure out what it is. Hopefully not osteomylelitis which they could not rule out last time.
On another happy note, it's bed time :)! Night everyone. I'll try and post some more this week. I have more pictures/stories!
xoxox
No comments:
Post a Comment