I ordered my winter jacket I am stoked! It took some detective work too. I really wanted the Trillium Canada Goose jacket in pink. However it was super hard to find. None of the online retailers carried the pink so I contacted CG, turns out there is only one store in Newfoundland (out of all of Canada and the states) that carries the pink jacket. I emailed them and had amazing service. They emailed me back this morning and by noon they had already put it in the mail for me :)! The company is theoutfitters.nf.ca if anyone wants to order in a jacket. I guess that anyone who is reading this doesn't really have to order things in... you can go to that thing called a mall or a clothing store. I bet your jealous that you don't get to be a Canada Goose Detective like me. This is the jacket that I ordered:
http://www.canada-goose.com/products-2/womens/trillium-parka/
In the pink (not the berry colour).
What else is new? I got my flu shot and my mouth is full blown infected again (surprise surprise). It was ALMOST gone on Monday you could barely see it but I was out of meds so I went back to the doctor and it was a different one. He gave me a prescription for the same med I was on but when I went to get it filled I saw that I had a completely different dose. I went from 20mL a day to 3mL a day. Needless to say it took about a day and a half to go back to where it was a week ago (last Thursday I had to stay home sick because it wouldn't stop bleeding, gross!). Anyways I went back today to the same doc I saw on Monday and he put me back on the regular dose for another 10 days (I think that 3mL was a mistake). I also have this mixture of drugs that he wrote a prescription for.. he had to look it up on his palm pilot (he said he had heard about a mixture that helps when your mouth is burning lol). The mixture is liquid benedryl and this clay stuff that is used as a medicine. The texture is very interesting! Hopefully in a week it'll be all gone :).
Alex and I went fishing and caught a bunch of fishies! We let them all go but we took some pictures. I am tethering to my iphone internet right now so I can't upload them though.
For those of you who didn't see the pictures all over the news, here is a picture of the plane crash:
Apparently Nicole's funeral was a huge celebration of life that lasted hours. So many people showed up that a hundred people had to be turned away. They had it filmed so that people could cram into the basement to watch it as well on the screen. Very tragic and sad but it's amazing how much she was able to fit into 26 years!
It's bedtime for me! I am attending (for special circumstances) a funeral tomorrow for a younger resident of our facility who passed away this week.
Speaking of so much death this article has been making me think lots this week. Very interesting read! It's about the lack of morgue's in the north and families having to keep their loved ones in deep freezers in their houses. We also don't have funeral homes up here in the smaller communities (ours included). It's considered the families responsibility to prepare the body for the funeral (bathing, dressing, grooming, placing into casket, etc.) Kind of crazy and interesting!
http://nnsl.com/northern-news-services/stories/papers/sep26_11no.html
On that sad note. Good night! xoxo

No comments:
Post a Comment