Random Thoughts:
I ordered stuff from Sears (bookcases and a vacuum) at the beginning of the month. Estimated delivery date? October 28th lol. Then my roommate ordered a bed from Sears... EDD? Next week and she ordered it a couple days ago. Stupid Sears. Hopefully they come at the same time.
Interesting stuff about health care up north. Down south it takes FOREVER to get into see specialists. Often over a year to get into see an ortho surgeon. Up here I was referred to one to get an injection and I saw him yesterday. Yep it took less than 2 months. I am also going to be seeing a ENT (ears, nose throat) and internal med. specialists and it shouldn't be more than a month. Crazy fast. I think I'll stay up north :)!
Ice Pilots NWT premiered for the season yesterday. It's up on the internet today. Gives a glimpse into life in the north. It features Yellowknife and Hay River (my birth place). The guy who runs Buffalo, "Buffalo Joe" used to live in Smith for a long time.
Speaking of airplanes.. I found this kind of funny. Because the pilots fly only when it's light out for so many months they have to do what's called night circuits. Basically when it gets dark they have to take off and land multiple times in a row at night to get used to it again. Tonight Alex is doing his and he has to do five take offs and landings. Pretty soon they'll almost solely be flying in the dark.
It is starting to get colder and darker. It's dark when I get up and starts getting dark when I get home, depending on how overcast it is. There was tons of frost this morning and my friend Kalina was telling me that were suppose to be getting snow this weekend. Weather reports never seem that accurate up here though.
Kalina, Katrina, Katerina, Katalina. It's almost a rarity for someone to call me by the right name up here. Everyone gets Kalina and I confused. It happens all the time. Everyone laughs about it a lot so we came up with a combined name... Katalina. Katerina is a lady who works for the health authority as well. It's almost daily that people call me Katerina. All you can do is laugh about it!
It looks like my contract will be extended. We are still waiting for it to be official but my boss came and asked me what my plans were today. She wanted to know if I will take the extended contract. I was telling her how I was worried about being locked into a contract in case another position opened up and apparently it's not a problem. She said I would just have to get permission from her and the CEO to apply and that it wouldn't be an issue. I just didn't want to be stranded in May and be disappointed that I couldn't apply for any openings that might come up that are permanent. Great news that that won't be the case :)!
Here is something random. There is a girl who is a teacher who moved up here from the states although she is Canadian. I found out at our Smith Family Turkey Dinner that she is actually up here to save money to go back to school to do the same thing I want to do. She is also taking the prereqs to apply to a program like me and she is also planning on doing it in the states. Pretty random and sweet!
Finally, a very big, huge CONGRATS to Jo and Andrew on their beautiful baby girl :)! I'm sooooo excited to meet that little munchkin!
That is all for now :)!
again more interesting things happening in your life, never a dull moment for you lol. totally weird that i was going to name you katerina, but shortened it down to katrina, katerina was such a nice sounding russian name, wierd that you would be called that now.cool about your job, and totally wierd about your random news, finding someone doing the same education as you. small world
ReplyDelete