Sunday, October 9, 2011

Since this seems to be a common theme to start my posts off with... let's start with the bad news. No plane crashes, just car accidents involving moose. A friend of ours up here passed away on Thursday night after hitting a moose :(. Greg was driving to Canmore and hit the moose after High Level. Very sad. We were hanging out with him last Friday. He worked at the college and was from Alberta. He was very known for being a creeper on the girls in the nicest possible way. I met him my first week up here at the grocery store when we ended up in the same aisle a few times. With him recognizing that I was new in town thought the best way to make me feel welcome is to accuse me of stalking him in the grocery store. Every aisle he would say more and more and when we ended up in the same check out he asked me how I was liking town and what not. Looking on comments on his Facebook so many people are commenting on all the lame pickup lines they learned from him haha! My roommate Meagan had the claim to fame that she was the only girl in Smith to scare Greg off and now she has to write the newspaper story on his death. The joys of living in a small town!

From Thanksgiving on, we're hoping for only rainbows and cupcakes up here! Yesterday we had a big Smith family thanksgiving dinner at our friend Lisa's. 13 of us piled into her little place and it was a feast and a half. On Friday it was one of the boy's birthday so we celebrated. I celebrated with coffee and everyone else celebrated with copious amounts of booze. Still trying to fight off my infection.. I'm on day three of three of the drug that's awful for your liver. the regular dose is 1 pill and that's it and mine still isn't gone. Fingers crossed that this last one does the trick. When I went back on Friday I found out that I most likely have strep on top of my other mouth infection and I also have a growth on my tonsil. It looks like a sideways uvula (dangly thing in back of the throat). I can't have antibiotics for the strep until it's confirmed through the lab because my immune system hates me. My good health news is that my finger is still looking like a great finger :)!

Ok back to cleaning :).

No comments:

Post a Comment