Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Well let's start with the sad news. Another plane crash. Yep that's right, four in less than 6 weeks, not including Reno. The one people may not have heard about is a man who was flying solo went down and wandered from his plane up here but they found him alive and well. The one yesterday is pretty tragic. Another pilot and passenger dead, two survivors. Apparently it's harder to fly up here between the seasons but still this is getting out of hand!

In happy news, we had a great weekend here. There was the International Travelling Lute Festival lol. We went to it, it was at the church and yes it's lute not flute. It was really good but really long. After that there was a celebration for Smith's 45th birthday. There were some amazing fireworks and birthday cake for the town. There was also free skating during the day and it was someone's b-day here so we went to bonfire after the fireworks. Here is an Iphone pic of the fireworks... turned out really well:


The fireworks lasted quite a long time. Very wonderful for such a small little town.

On Friday night we had a great night. Went to a friends place, then to the bar, then to an after party at another friends place complete with a bonfire! I stayed sober (yay me) for the third week in a row. It was still tons of fun. We got home after 4 but heard the next day that a friend tried to break up a fight at the bonfire that some randoms started (normally it's just friends but rando's showed up) and he got pushed into the fire. His arm was burned. Pretty crappy.

Other sad Smith news. This is typically what we hear about but in the past couple weeks there were some other crappy stuff going on. A man broke into a house and raped a girl and was on the loose in town for about a week. He had previously done the same thing and was released from jail after a few years. He turned himself in thankfully. Also someone stole a van from our Healthy Babies program in town and another building was broken into and vandalized the same night.

Here's a nice picture of a fish that Alex caught when we were fishing. Making this post end on a cheery note :). We caught lots of fish this time but let them all go because we're nice people:


Fishing season is almost done. It's getting pretty cold up here and darker too. It was 3 degrees when I woke up the other day. We're starting to lose a lot of light. Thankfully Diane is going to come visit me in the dark around my birthday and I'm sooooo sooo excited! I'm still trying to figure out Christmas plans. We have a pretty sweet deal with holidays and what not. On top of all our vacation time we get 5 mandatory days that we have to take each year (vacation can be carried over). If you take these 5 days between certain dates (in the winter) you get bonus days off. Basically I could take 2 weeks off and not really use any vacay time.

For Thanksgiving one of our friends is having a little Fort Smith family feast which is really nice of her. Gotta love Smith! My roomie moved out and I have another in the process of moving in. The new reporter for the newspaper. Very exciting to unpack my stuff. It's like shopping because I haven't seen anything since I was in PG. Speaking of PG I still think it's weird that Alex's roomie and another pilot and myself all lived in PG at the same time and ended up in Smith in being friends. I should get a PG friend picture to post. Unfortunately I lost my camera during the GloBall Tourney so I'll have to order a new one. Back to shopping; even though I am unpacking I still wanna go shopping.

I KNOW WHAT I'M BEING FOR HALLOWEEN! It took forever to think of and I don't know why I didn't think of this previous years but I'm going to be Hurricane Katrina. Oh yeah, I'm stoked!

Ok that's all for now. I'm just delaying unpacking! If anyone has bookshelves, a pantry (very small kitchen), a vacuum, side tables, a dresser, and a desk (I think I've found one) that they want to ship up to me... please feel free to do so. People might have thought I was crazy for bringing up so much stuff but there's still stuff that is necessary.

Ok that's really it.

Byebye!

No comments:

Post a Comment