Well in the past two weeks there have been angry and happy beavers in the town of Fort Smith. Both my mother and Michael Seaward contacted to let me know that Smith was in the news... let me rephrase... it made national news, all because of an angry beaver. Here is a link to the video of the angry beaver roaming through town:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/story/2011/05/20/fort-smith-beaver-video.html
It went right past my work. A week before this there was a giant happy beaver brought to Smith by the government I believe. Here is a pic of that beaver:
In other non-beaver related news, I have been attacked by ants. Ants have been eating me alive in my sleep and each morning I wake up covered in bites. Here are some bites that are on my arm:
Stupid angry ants! Hopefully that will stop soon. I'm going to douse this place with gasoline hehe! Kill all those suckers!
Other than that stuff everything is going well! I've been hanging out with the boys upstairs. They took me to their softball practice and I was the back catcher hahaha! Except I couldn't throw the ball far enough to make it to the pitcher so I rolled it on the ground. It got the job done! The guys upstairs are so nice. One of them is a pilot from Vancouver and we are becoming fast friends. My other friend upstairs (Chako's twin's owner) moved to Athabasca yesterday. We've also been watching the hockey games.. GO CANUCKS! WOOT WOOT! Soo exciting.. and I am so excited that Mike didn't throw out my Canucks t-shirt that I got at my first NHL game (thanks Mike, I knew it'd be safe with you, even if we didn't talk for 20 years!). I've been wearing it with pride! Unfortunately I am still in last place in the hockey pool from my work in Prince George :( sad news.
I went to my first aquafit class last night that is taught by my co-worker. A girl and I went in the sauna before it started and we started chatting. Within the first two minutes I found out that she is almost my neighbour and that my roommate (that is out east right now) accidently texted her earlier that day, thinking that it was me, asking if there were any new hot guys in town. Random! I love that strange things like that happen daily in Smith.
The guys had some friends over who just so happened went to the University of Waterloo at the same time as me. The girl was friends with my don/resident advisor in first year. We also have a few mutual friends and we were both in the same (small) faculty. They graduated a couple years ahead of me though so I don't believe we ever met.
Ok that's it for now but I know I have other stories that I can't think of at this moment. I'll probably write another post tonight or tomorrow when I think of them. I hope everyone is just as excited about the Canucks as me and everyone best be wearing something with the canucks on it (24/7.. if you shower you are letting the province and country down).
XOXOXOXO

wow, im just amazed each time you tell a story of meeting people from other times of your life, just shows how small the world actually is!! so are you playing softball at midnight yet? i used to love that, play golf at midnight is cool too. boy do bugs ever love you!! your gonna have fun when the black flies and horse flies come out!! sound like life is good, have fun with it.
ReplyDelete