Wednesday, May 11, 2011

La Dee Dah!

Greetings from Fort Smith!

Not too much is new. Life is good. I still really like it here. I am reminded of why I'm not a huge fan of working in long term care though. I am so sore every day from pushing wheelchairs and all that fun stuff. Oh well, what can you do!

The rehab assistant that works in town had a BBQ last night which was a lot of fun. She has a bunch of horses and six dogs to play with and we roasted marshmallows which were amazing. She might be moving soon which I'm sad about. She is trying to convince me to teach aquafit at the pool when she moves and I don't think I can be convinced. It wouldn't be too bad but if there was a day I was in a lot of pain the last thing I would want to do is teach aquafit. I'm going to go to her aquafit class and see how amazing she is at teaching it though :).

My internet is super slow so I didn't want to wait for the blog to load to see if I already covered this but the OT's exboyfriend who's parents were friends with my parents in Pine Point went to my brother Darcy's baby shower, not mine. Still kind of crazy though!

It is official I have figured out my housing situation. Tomorrow I am going to housesit for the OT (Crystal) until she comes back at the end of the month. Then I will move back into staff housing for a month, then permanently move into her place with her at the end of June/beginning of July. The rent cannot be beat... $400 a month. It is also probably the 2nd or 3rd closest house to my work. Such a relief!

There was a paddling film festival (films on kayaking and canoeing) this weekend that the nursing student and I went to. I had high hopes of maybe taking up kayaking but I went for a walk down to the river to look at the Rapids of the Drowned (yes thats what the rapids are called) and I decided to think further on this idea. Maybe I'll go on a nice calm lake instead.

The girl I'm covering for had her baby today :). Mom and baby are doing well. And that is all the news I have for tonight.

Sweet Dreams! xoxox

1 comment:

  1. well im glad to hear your getting out and meeting people and having fun, and that all your housing problems are over with, maybe when you have some time, you could take some pics and post them? show us where you are working, where you are living, the kayaking place, down town, just some ideas. keep on having fun

    ReplyDelete