Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mosquitos... big big big mosquitos!

Well today I am here to share some more photos. Including one of my arm with a mosquito bite. My mom and I always thought that I'm mildly allergic to mosquito bites and I think my bite speaks for itself. Most people are itchy for a couple hours.. I'm itchy for a week.. most people get a little dot.. I get a swollen welt the size of a toonie from one bite. I have about 8 of these suckers on my body including two on my scalp.

There's a guy that lives upstairs named Alex, from Ontario. He was a reporter for the newspaper in town but he is soon leaving. He is the guy who owns Teeko. Anyways, we went down to see the sunset and take pictures (he has an amazing camera since he took pics for the newspaper), take Teeko for a walk and for me to see the pelicans up close. YEP! There are pelicans here :).

When we were down by the river Teeko jumped in the water to chase the pelicans and it was really scary because the current is super strong. He couldn't get out of the water for awhile. There were some seagulls hanging out with the pelicans and it was cute, there was one that was like the supervisor. I included a pictures of that. That same seagull went and found a SNAKE and ate it in front of us! GROSS! Too many snakes up here, I knew I should have moved further north (there are not many snakes north of Smith).

Not much else is new. There is a lot of smoke up here because of the fires in Alberta. I hope that clears up soon. I went to the pool to sit in the hot tub and it turned out to be free because it was family swim night.. bonus!

Oh I went to order a cake for Lindsay's baby shower we are having at work (the girl I'm covering for) and on the way back to work I was eating a croissant and a raven followed me the whole way back. Would hop a bit, then fly 3 feet, then hop a bit, haha it was cute! I gave him a piece!






Ok picturesss!

PS. I know there haven't been tons of comments but I can see the number of page views and I'm really lucky to have people so interested in my adventure! Thanks guys!

2 comments:

  1. omg, those are the most beautiful pics!!! i love a good sunset picture and you have such nice ones. your so lucky to see this every night!! coolest peliquins also, and also such a nice picture!! next thing you know you will have a pet crow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAH I LOVE THE SUPERVISOR SEAGULL! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete