Tuesday, June 7, 2011

This past week has been somewhat eventful. I finished housesitting for my future roommate and before she got back I had to emergency housesit for another coworker. She is moving out of Fort Smith and has been having a hard time getting everything to go through with the sale of her house. She had to go to Hay River on a whim to sign papers at the lawyer and that's where I came in. I took care of her SIX dogs and THREE horses for a night. I didn't sleep at all because her great dane is the cuddliest dog ever and in addition to her there were 3 others who slept in the bed with me. Here's a pic:


This weekend, John (one of the pilots) took me fishing. Unfortunately my pink rod has not made it's way to Smith yet so I bought a new rod. Unfortunately (yes, again) I didn't catch anything (I was going for a pelican). And most unfortunate of the unfortunates, I lost my reel into the water right after I casted my line :(. So I had to pull the line back with my own two hands. I hope my next fishing trip is better. John took this picture of me with three fishies.. although they were just the minnows that we were using for bait:


My new roommate (in staff housing), Ashley, and I went out to the bar with the boys on Saturday night. Got a little tipsy. It was fabulous times. I didn't do anything too stupid. The bar is called "The Landing". Kinda fitting for pilots I suppose. Here's a picture of some of the pilots at "The Landing" with my roomie on the left:


I'm pretty stoked that I have such a fab roomie at the moment. She is a locum nurse who is only here for a couple more weeks. Also, Crystal (my future permanent roomie) is back from the east coast which makes me happy. I have more to share but I will leave you with this. And for my creepy mother... my addresses are:

29 Poppy (staff housing)
28 St. Mary's (future housing)

And I don't know the address of my work. Just search Northern Lights Special Care Home you creeper.

Tata for now :)! xoxox

PS. If I was complaining about the light before.. let me tell you it is almost 11 and the sun just stopped shining in my window about 5 minutes ago. When Ash and I came home from the bar on Saturday (we shut that place down) at around 3.. it was still light out.

1 comment:

  1. that is a lot of dogs!!! and your mother wanting to know where you live is not creeping, what is it with you kids, your brother wont give me his phone number and i couldnt send you anything in the mail even if i wanted to cause you dont want me to know where you live!!! wtf?????lol where did you go fishing? the lake or the river?

    ReplyDelete