I had a fabulous weekend as always! We didn't get evacuated, however the road did shut down for awhile (which is our only way out) and we did end up evacuating six of our residents to Yellowknife. They are staying there for the next week until they can be sure that there won't be any more danger to the town.
This weekend on Friday we had a long long night. The Smith family (all of us non-locals that hang out) went to the bar called The Landing. We stayed until it shut down and went back to Alex and Andy's place.. just the three of us. Then we decided that we should have figured out where the after party was before we left the bar but instead we figured it out at like 3:30 in the morning and trekked across town:
Alex clearly looks like he is about to pass out but he wasn't. We took turns piggy backing until the three of us made it there. We had a grand ole time at the after party (we went out because we were celebrating John passing his big test, which now means he gets to be a co-pilot instead of being a rampie). After the party we trekked back to Alex's place. As you can tell from the pictures it was light out the whole time. It was light out when we went to the bar, when we walked home, when we walked to the after party, and when we walked home from that. Here's a pic of Alex and Andy posing with this miniature version of Smith in someone's yard:
The next day we went to the golf course for some lunch. Here is a view from the golf course:
Last night I went for my evening walk and met up with Alex down at the rapids. He let me ride his bike which is pretty amazing since I figured I'd fall off of it. I didn't, but I almost ran down a couple people. Next time I try to ride his bike it'll be on a paved road, not on a dirt trail. It was my first time riding a bike since before I had any of my leg surgeries so about ten years. Crayzay! Here's another picture of the rapids and pelicans although I'm sure everyone is getting sick of the pelican pictures... too bad!
We had a really lazy day on Sunday. Sat around watching movies. I took some pictures today that were really pretty. One is of a picture of a lily that is growing in the garden I take care of at work, one is the sky tonight as I was going for my evening walk, and the third is of a sweet fence this guy has built since I moved here.. he shaved all the little logs down.. and made his own teepee:
Well that is all for tonight :)! Hope everyone is enjoying their summer, I know I am!
xoxo

No comments:
Post a Comment